June 6, July 4, Aug 1, Sept 5, Oct 3, Nov 7, Dec 5
1st Saturday Amador Art Trek begins Saturday, June 6th. It's time to visit galleries and businesses that are featuring new or continuing shows for this Monthly Event. Gallery-hop from 1- 6 pm and you’re likely to meet artists, see and buy their new works, while enjoying refreshments and mingling with other art-lovers. Pick up a handy tri-fold brochure at one of the galleries to guide you to other locations. You can also find one on-line at www.amadorarts.org and check back there for the monthly special 1st Saturday receptions. The free Art Trek can be experienced anytime – checking the brochure for hours of operation of each gallery.
1. AmadorArts Gallery, 11-A Randolph Street, Sutter Creek. Each month a new Artist will be showcased here. A reception for artists is between 3 and 6 pm. Pick up your new Art Trek brochure here at 11-A Randolph St, one block off Main, in Sutter Creek.
2. Chaos Glassworks, 121A Hanford Street, Sutter Creek: Art Glass Gallery and Hotshop just north of downtown Sutter Creek on old Highway 49. David and Heather Hopman make a wide variety of art glass items including vases, bowls, pumpkins, lighting, sculpture, beads, paperweights, jewelry and other blown and lampworked pieces. Live glassblowing demonstrations happen all day on weekends.
3. Fine Eye Gallery, 71 Main Street, Sutter Creek: A sophisticated selection of works from America's foremost artists and craftsmen. Peruse the evolving collection to find something to delight your senses and inspire your imagination. Explore the unexpected in artful objects, from stylish clothing to whimsical jewelry, objects and furnishings to fit with today's life styles.
4. Gallery 10, 15 Eureka Street, Sutter Creek. Original works of fine art and paintings.Gallery 10 also showcases three dimensional pieces in bronze, ceramics, hand blown glass jewelry, and sculpted aluminum. The reception for artists 2-5 P.M. at Gallery 10, 15 Eureka Street, Sutter Creek.
5. Sutter Creek Gallery, 35 Main Street, Sutter Creek: Amador County has a wealth of artistic talent. Sutter Creek Gallery represents 24 local artists with a wide range of interests. You will find original paintings, prints, cards, jewelry, fiber art, glass art, pottery, sculpture and photography. A reception for the artist will be held 4 to 7 p.m., as part of the region's 1st Saturday Art Trek.