- Amador City – One of California’s smallest incorporated cities, Amador City, with a population of just over 200 residents, is truly a little city with a lot to offer.
- Amador Council of Tourism
The mission of ACT is to develop and implement a unified approach to tourism programs to benefit the local economy by increasing visitation to Amador County. This approach shall take into consideration the interests and needs of current and potential visitors, local tourism related businesses, other tourism promotion agencies, and local government, working in harmony with the environment and the values of the community.
ACT is committed to increasing the value of tourism. Amador County will achieve such value by working in unison. We will attract more visitors to our region by branding the County; highlighting our scenic qualities, sharing our rich history, and defining our attractions. We must ensure the protection and preservation of the aesthetic, historical and cultural foundations that make Amador County unique.
- California’s Golden Chain – State Highway 49 – the Motherlode Highway!. The Golden Chain Council provides an informative map of the entire Gold Country.
- Lake Tahoe - The Official Lake Tahoe Visitors Bureau – Sutter Creek is located 90 miles West of Lake Tahoe.
- Yosemite - The National Park Service Website – Sutter Creek is located 100 miles North along the western slope of the Sierra Nevada from Yosemite National Park.
- Calaveras County - Located just south of Amador County, hosts the Calaveras Big Trees State Park and the celebrated jumping frog.
- Sacramento – The California State Capital is located just 45 miles west of Sutter Creek. Sacramento has one of the best railroad museums in the country, a thriving Midtown restaurant scene, the Crocker Art Museum, Capital Park, Old Sacramento and the American River Bike Trail.
- El Dorado County – Located just North of Amador County, is home to the Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park , Placerville, South Lake Tahoe, the Fairplay wine region and Apple Hill.
- Reno- The Casinos of Northern Nevada are located just 130 miles East of Sutter Creek.