Saturday, September 16, 2017
What is the Barbera Festival?
For more information visit: barberafestival.com
• An outdoor wine and food festival focusing on Barbera wines
• Among vineyards and rolling hills
• More than 80 wineries from all over California
• Top area restaurants and chefs offering gourmet food
• Live music
• Local artists and vendors
• Beer and white wine available for purchase
• All net proceeds from the event go to the Amador Community Foundation to be distributed to local charitable causes.
Why a Barbera Festival?
Barbera is becoming more and more popular in California. We see more people excited about it, and asking about it, every day. Many California producers offer a varietal Barbera. Barbera is a great food wine yet quite enjoyable on its own. Still, Barbera remains fairly obscure. We want to bring Barbera to the attention of the general wine buying public.
Where will the Barbera Festival be held?
To continue to provide a premier guest experience while enabling more attendees to participate, and showcase another beautiful historic barbera vineyard, we are moving to the original home of barbera in Amador County: Terra d’Oro/Montevina Winery. Located just down the street from previous years’ event site, this larger location features a beautiful meadow spotted with ancient oaks tucked among hillside vineyards. With more elbow room for everyone, we hope to continue a tradition of a day of barbera tasting like no other in California.
Tickets are priced at $50 and must be purchased online in advance. No tickets will be available at the gate. This event is expected to sell out extremely quickly.